Monday, December 5, 2011

Busy For the Holidays!

With the holiday season approaching, I've had SOOOO many orders put in lately. I have a ton of orders for people in Canada, as well as tons of orders from friends and co-workers down here in Honduras.

I am SO excited for the opportunities to try out new special orders, and to make custom-made things. I'm delighted that so many people enjoy my hand-knit goods! There's only one problem...

... for the first time EVER, I am stressed about knitting!!!! :O

Don't get me wrong, I'm honored to have the business... I've just never felt such a time crunch before! Even with the blankets I've knit for wedding gifts, I never felt stressed. I just gave the gift a little late if it wasn't finished. Things are different now... people are depending on ME to provide them with THEIR Christmas gifts for OTHER PEOPLE! WOW!

I hadn't realized how stressed I was feeling until a friend asked me, "With all these orders, are you still enjoying knitting?" I smiled and said "Of course! I'd be doing it anyways!" (Note: this conversation happened while I was knitting at the restaurant table, during dinner, on our beach vacay)

I then thought about how I've been knitting or crocheting every night for the last couple weeks for at least 3 hours and realized I haven't picked up the novel I'm reading since my beach vacay over a week ago. I usually read every night before going to bed but I've just been too tired lately!

So, I've started saying "no" to new orders, and am now delighting in finishing each project on the "to do" list.

I'm so blessed to have so many people supporting my new business. I just sometimes wish that Grandma Swills had a workshop full of elves too! ;)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


0 comments:

Post a Comment